About Colchester Swiming Club
The Club is broad based and caters for all aspects of swimming. Our activities include stroke development, competitive swimming, fitness training, water polo and life saving. Our younger swimmers regularly compete
in time-based galas, progressing to league and open competitions at County, District and National level.
Here are just a few of the Club's successes and achievements over the past 12 months:
- A record 62 swimmers qualified for the Essex County Championships this year. The boys entered 153 races and the girls 207
- The Club entered a qualifying swimmer in every age group for every sex at the County Championships.
- There were multiple County champions spanning all ages and Event Best Times achieved in numerous events.
- Numerous top girl and boy awards at various meets, including a regional top girl and numerous regional titles.
- We have 4 swimmers on the England Talent Beacon programme, Kaythi and Kalya Aung, Martha Duley and Jarrod Bradfield.
- Martha Duley is regularly invited to swim at the England Talent Camps.
- Our Chief-Coach Michelle Young has also been invited to help train the young swimmers at the England Talent weekends and has led the County training camps in Basildon.
- 5 National Qualifying Swimmers - Olivia Norman, Isabella Tanenbaum, Martha Duley, Kaythi Aung and Jarrod Bradfield.
- 2 attending the International competition in Manchester - Martha Duley and Kaythi Aung.
- We have numerous swimmers selected to represent the Region at the Inter-Regional competitions, with others chosen for the Inter-county winning team in January.
- We have just launched our swim academy to develop stroke technique for young aspiring club swimmers.
- We have qualified for the Finals of the M11 Junior Swimming League Division 1.
- The Club achieved it's highest finish position (8th) in the National Arena Swimming League, London Premier Division
Colchester Swimming Club has achieved swim21 Club Accreditation - the ASA's prestigious "quality mark" - in recognition of its commitment to providing safe, effective and quality services for the benefit
of its members.
The Club uses two pools for our regular training sessions, these are Colchester Leisure World (click for directions) and the
Corporal Budd VC Gymnasium (click for directions) located in the heart of the redeveloped Colchester Garrison.