The Senior Development Squad - Effective from 1 October 2017
The Senior Development Squad is for swimmers aged between 11 & 14 at the end of the current calendar year.
Aim: To maintain fitness and continue to improve Personal Best times within the competitive arena.
Swimmers should be able to:
- Show good technique in Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly and Front Crawl.
- Perform 8 x 100m Front Crawl and Form Stroke with minimal rest.
- Swim for 60 minutes and understand complex instructions.
- Read times from the pace clock.
- Understand basic lane discipline: : allow a 5 seconds gap between swimmers, swim clockwise and anti-clockwise in the odd and even numbered
- Show good attendance.
- Commit to competing at Open Meets and representing the Club at galas (e.g. Mini-Leagues).
- Be self-motivated to achieve the goals set out for them by their coach.
Swimmers in the Senior Development Squad must have passed their ASA Competitive Start Award
Minimum Attendance: 2 sessions per week
||Colchester Leisure World Fitness Pool
|Annual Membership Fee
|ASA Membership Fee
All swimmers are required to be members of the ASA for insurance purposes.