- Support and encouragement of all swimmers in all squads during training and competition
- Representation of the Club as swimmersâ€™ leader during competition
- Liaison with coaches regarding support with training eg ensuring prompt start to warm up
- Promote team spirit and fair play
- Follow and promote ASA and Club Child Protection Policy
- Help supervise, referring to other Club officials if necessary, behaviour in changing rooms, at galas, at training sessions and during coach travel
- Assist with social events throughout the year
- Liaise with other Captains/Vice Captains to ensure representation by at least one at all events/meetings
- Support team managers/coaches with galas by:
- Advising other team members of selection
1. - Ensuring completion of team sheet by swimmers
2. - Supporting on poolside to help manage the team
3. - Help wherever possible at Club events ie Club Championships, Open Meet, Time Trials, in addition to swimming
1. Chief coach asks all her coaching team for swimmer nominations based on training attitude, commitment, attendance and support for teammates and the coaches.
2. Those swimmers are then invited to attend a 15 minute structured interview if they wish to be considered.
Hello, my name is Sandijs Cecins, many of you may know me very well but for those who do not, listen up! I am a hard-working, ambitious and kind person. I love to help out and support people in swimming as well as outside, so you are more than welcome to come up to me and ask anything as I will always be willing to help no matter what.
I have swam for this club since I learnt how to properly swim and have loved it ever since. As well as that, the community that this club offers allows you to have the feeling that you have a second family. From my own experience I have bonded with all the swimmers and feel comfortable to express myself. This I try to help younger swimmers to feel and experience as it allows them to feel safer and loved in the clubs as well as fall deeper in love with the sport due to the community we have as a club. Aside from that, I am always willing to help and show new swimmers as well as younger swimmers how to feel brave and full of courage when they are in the club to enforce bravery and courage both in training and with socialising both in and out of swimming.
Hi, my name is Sadie and I am one of the Ladies Vice Captains for this year. As someone who’s been a part of this club for 7 years, I have swum right the way through from Academy to the Performance Plus squad, and can be there for younger and older swimmers alike. I aim to help make everyone feel welcome, as Colchester Swimming Club is more than a club, it’s a community. You’ll find me on Fridays at Leisure World poolside, as well as galas ranging from leagues, open meets, Counties and Regionals. I’m always happy to help, offer advice or just have a friendly chat, so don’t be shy to come over.
Hey everyone I’m Kanzi. I’m super excited to be one of the girl vice-captains this year. I look forward to helping support everyone in and out of the pool.
I have been swimming for almost 10 years, and having had all these experiences and opportunities has taught me so much. My main goal is to be there for any swimmer who needs me, whether that is having a friendly chat at training or a gala, assisting swimmers or just talking about a concern you might have.
I hope you have a wonderful season, swim as well as you can, and most importantly, have fun!